Wednesday 2 May 2018

Merchandise

We had a lecture on creating merchandise for our books and it's importance. Due to the low income of our target market, a lot of people at MCM will be looking for small, cheap things that they can just pick up and - also importantly - not have to lug around the con.

One of my clearest plans from the start was to do a print/poster of my meme pages. I knew that of all of my pages, these would be the easiest for my audience to understand, and also the most relatable (which is something that has proven to sell well). Despite the general suggestion to do all prints A5, I honestly feel my design will sell much better as a poster due to the design of it. Though I see this as a risk, I'm willing to take it because of how cheaply I've managed to find printing for this.

To create my poster design, I took my double page spread and moved things abut and added bits to make it less book-friendly! You can see these changes below...




I also want to produce temporary tattoos. This is also an idea I've had from early on, but one I was wary of, as I was unsure how it could be done. I did, however find a website (inkwear.co.uk) where I can get two A4 sheets of tattoos (approx. 40-50 tattoos) for £25 with free postage. I plan to sell the tattoos as £1 each, thus, a potential profit of up to £25 on these. For these, I will use the meme quote designs, and the 'ok sign' hand.

Using the same designs as the tattoos, I will also throw together some badges together using a badge maker and materials I already have. This is a great cheap way to make some extra money.

No comments:

Post a Comment