Tuesday 1 May 2018

Book/Poster Pricing: Final Decision

After a day of researching paper thickness and finish options, as well as the optimal amount of stock bought to make the most money, I finally settled on which of the options I'd previously looked at would be best for me.

I decided on silk finish for my posters and my books, including the covers. This is due to the fact that it's a safe medium between gloss and matte.

Paper thickness wise, I wanted my internal pages to be a sensible thickness and - after researching the average thickness in books similar to my own - I decided 130gsm would be best. As for the cover, I wanted it to be thicker than a usual comic/brochure, to separate it from the comics on and around our stall (as I wanted it to be established that it's not a narrative comic). I chose 250gsm for this (was rectified after the below screenshot was taken).

As for the posters, I found that 50 posters was the same price as 30, so decided to go for 50 so that I had some stock for online sales and future cons (as my poster design is quite transferable).


No comments:

Post a Comment