Thursday 3 May 2018

Evaluation: Knowledge and Understanding

Due to my book not being a comic, it was difficult for me to utilise everything I've learned whilst studying comic arts. I did, however, find a lot of transferable skills prove extremely useful during this project.

One of those skills was just the nature of putting a book together - the use of InDesign, inclusion of bleed, correct page numbers, colour profiles, balance in pages. A lot goes into ensuring that a book is possible for print. 

Also, I feel my knowledge of social media - gained mainly through my job within the field - really helped me during the promo and - from the perspective of gaining market research - the production of my book. I feel the use of social media in a project like this is absolutely invaluable! 

If I were to redo this project, I would possibly take more influence from actual comic work. I feel a full script could've helped me here a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment