Wednesday 28 March 2018

Correct Social Media Usage

Recently at work, I had a meeting about correct language usage on social media that I found very useful and transferable to this project. I thought I'd note down some key points on my blog to refer back to.

- Overloading with hashtags can be very unprofessional. Between two and four is best.
- Use contractions always. 
- Keep it casual.
- Although there is a higher character limit on Twitter now, try to keep to 140.
- Facebook should be longer and more mature, as the general audience is older.
- The focus of an Instagram post should be the image. Keep captions fairly short.
- Don't overuse filters.
- It's okay to talk about 'irrelevant' stuff, as long as it's something your followers with understand and identify with.
- Interact with responses to your posts.
- Use language your target audience use. Slang. Abbreviations.
- Don't go for the hard sell.
- Don't make yourself seem like you're above your followers.

I went back through all of my Comic Nest posts to check that I'd been communicating sensibly and correctly for each platform. I'm really happy with my overall style of post. I feel I was very lucky to have previous experience in control of the social media for a company with a similar target audience, as this has made the social media side of this project so much easier.

Below are some examples of where I've attempted to interact with our followers in a conversational, fun tone that'll hopefully make our followers remember and return to our page...





No comments:

Post a Comment